Monday, February 17, 2014

Day 39: arrival in Jacksonville FL and an interesting drive

I travel more than I'd like for work, I admit it. It disrupts my entire household. However I was looking forward to this trip to Jacksonville Florida (and by the long way home, Quebec City) as it would be a chance to connect with some companies in the service sector. I tend to focus my efforts on all things operational, so seeing some service operations, well that sounds like a great idea....

4am alarm, at YVR by 5. Flight to ORD pretty straightforward... Here's what Chicago was looking like today...


Of course we were delayed. Bah. 


My smallest carry-on yet! 

Turns out my buddy Brett was on the same flight from ORD to JAX, so we managed the same drive to the hotel. Oh and our driver was a peach. I mean it. He was part Cliff Klaven, part Stephen Hawking, part Rainman. He told us about Jacksonville, seemed quite fascinated that we were going to visit the Sheriff's office (we are!), and generally kept us amused and entertained.

Once at the hotel, found some familiar faces (hello black belts!) and found some dinner. I found some good local craft beer to try, and had there was good conversation to be had. Tomorrow should be interesting, I am looking forward to the tour.

My last two years of travel in a snapshot - just for posterity ;-)

I have few more trips this year yet - but hopefully I can curb it a bit....

AMac


No comments:

Post a Comment